Brown Bodies’ top tips for keeping your spray tan looking perfect for longer, including pre-application and post-tan advice, and the best products to use.
Spray Tanning Tips
To get the most out of your spray tan, make the right preparations and care for it afterwards. Here are our top tips for getting and keeping an amazing tan.
Before your appointment, get your skin in the best condition for spray tanning by:
– Shave or wax the day before your appointment or at least a couple of hours before
– Exfoliate, paying special attention to your elbows, knees, feet and ankles
– Shower to remove any makeup, moisturizer, or deodorant you may have on
For your appointment, you’ll need to provide:
Just yourself and access to a power point. Our tanning technician will bring everything else they need with them. Please let us know when you book if we’ll need to bring an extension cord.
Straight after your appointment
To help your tan set evenly, it’s recommended that you:
– Spend a quiet night in – avoid perspiring as it will prevent the tan from setting
– Wear loose clothing – tight fitting jeans or bras stop the solution from setting evenly
– Wait the recommended time before having a shower – your tanning technician can advise you on the best time for the product used.
Caring for your tan
To ensure your tan looks good for the maximum amount of time, we recommend you:
– Moisturize after every shower with <
– Avoid chlorinated water, as it will lighten the colour